Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fish Meister a question

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't want to ruin the informative A-7 thread so I started this one.

    What age might these timeless ladies be if they recognize Moondance and other songs on that album? Also are they blind or what?

    I would have thought the NGD band's "Fishin in the dark" would be a big hit down there?

    I used to have a girlfriend with a wooden leg and every night I'd hide her leg so she'd be there in the morning. She must have made a leg out of a bar of soap sorta like Dillinger made a gun once. because one morning I woke up and the place smelled clean and she was gone.

    Anyway, I'm done messing with you for a bit so take care friend.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Mike Gibson:
    ...What age might these timeless ladies be if they recognize Moondance and other songs on that album?...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My claims were all referenced in the past tense (tho true, nonetheless). Let's just say Jackson Browne's Rosie gets more playtime than Crazy Love does these days and leave it at that.

    Originally posted by Mike Gibson:
    ...I would have thought the NGD band's "Fishin in the dark" would be a big hit down there?...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only when you're fishin' in the dark...(hence the "Fish Nekkid" bumper sticker)...That song gets more catfish nibbling on your worm than nubiles nibbling on your neck though, which is OK, 'cause that way in the AM you're left with lunch instead of a burning sensation.

    Originally posted by Mike Gibson:
    ...I used to have a girlfriend with a wooden leg and every night I'd hide her leg so she'd be there in the morning. She must have made a leg out of a bar of soap sorta like Dillinger made a gun once. because one morning I woke up and the place smelled clean and she was gone...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now that there's funny! forums forums

    Added;
    I took out an ad in the CL personals the other day;

    "Lazy, impoverished, DWM ISO hot young SF fishing/drinking buddy. Must like to cook, clean, and dig worms and have a boat. Owning an island big plus. No haters/phsycos, but mute OK. Send measurements and a picture of boat."

    So far, the only response was from some sick cop posing as a cheerleader... forums

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 02, 2008 05:05 AM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel like I've been had Mike! Think Feesh knew I was never a Van Morrison fan and threw that in to throw me off!

    I am glad the cheerleading cop answered his add!

    So I did a G-search on Moondance and ended up reading the wikiP info on it.

    Now I have to go out and find a copy to spin and give a listen to all this Hub-Bub.

    Still not sure I want to land any of the ones Feesh rode hard and threw back wet though!

    Gary

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to help. Just figured if you spent all that Money for Nothing you deserved a break.

    Cool. I forwarded your addy to him, marked Return to Sender.

    Guess I need to update wiki, there being no mention of the Moondance's afrodisial properties.

    While you're out, grab a copy of the Live at Montreaux dvd. He's also on The Last Waltz (DVD), The Band's parting blowout.

    Don't Worry, they're mostly all happily married to basketball teams these days.

    I really expected some of the (really) older guys to chime in with "Elvis was a better charmer", or some such. Somebody had to precede VM, right?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin but then we are getting into "Tastes like DEPENDS".

    Still can't believe I missed one of the all time great albums so I guess it has to go on the "Must Find" List.

    Too bad I turned 18 in 1970 and wore out most of my great albums on the old record changers that always got out of time and dropped the next while the arm was still on the last.

    Gary

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That explains the dearth of Sinatra/Martin LPs.

    Actually, I think I can picture Dean in the crooner role. In prefishtoric times, my money would be on B-B-B-Bing.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of the Sinatra LP's have been melted down into busts of Conway Twitty.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That would be nice under the big old Hamm's Scene-O-Rama motion light.


    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ha...01?icid=acvsv1

    Remember that one?

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 03, 2008 01:00 AM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.